Holiday's are a special time of the year to gather with family and loved ones but amidst a global pandemic, it is important to follow public health recommendations so that you can decrease the risk of spreading COVID-19 during your holiday events. When planning to host a holiday celebration, you should assess current COVID-19 levels in your community to determine whether to postpone, cancel, or limit the number of attendees.
Factors to consider when planning or attending a Holiday celebration:
- The location of the gathering - Indoor gatherings generally pose more risk than outdoor gatherings. Indoor gatherings with poor ventilation pose more risk than those with good ventilation, such as those with open windows or doors.
People who should not attend in-person holiday celebrations
During the celebration
Follow these tips to reduce your risk of being exposed to, getting, or spreading COVID-19 during the celebration:
- Social distance and limit close contact
- Wear a mask at all times when around people that do not live in your household
- Limit contact with commonly touched surfaces
- Wash your hands often with warm soap and water for at least 20 seconds