Passport Renewal

Adult passport holders who meet the renewal criteria below mail their applications directly to U.S. Department of State; our office is not able to process Adult Renewal Applications.

Minor renewal applications are always processed by our office.

Passport Appointments Required

Passport appointments for application processing are required.  

You may schedule your appointment by calling 733-2533 or CLICK HERE.

Renewal Application Forms

Renewal application forms are available at the Clerk of Court Office or can be obtained from the Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

Current Processing Times

  • U.S. Department of State standard processing times can take up to 4 months.
  • U.S. Department of State expedited processing times can take up to 3 months – Additional $60 per application.
  • Please Click Here to confirm current processing times & fees.

Adult Renewal Applications (Form DS-82)

Adults who are eligible for the simpler renewal process must meet the following criteria:

  • You can submit your most recent passport
  • You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued (you hold a 10 year passport)
  • You were issued your most recent passport less than 15 years ago
  • You use the same name as on your most recent passport OR you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit original certified documentation to reflect your name change.

Adult applicants who meet the above criteria mail their applications directly to U.S. Department of State; our office does not process Adult Renewal Applications.

Adult applicants who do not meet the above criteria must submit Form DS-11 through our office. 

Renewal applications for passport holders who attained their last passport under 16 yrs. of age must be processed through our office using a DS-11 form.

Passport Holders 15 years old or younger (Form DS-11)

  • 1 professional photograph (no glasses allowed on passport photos)
  • Both parents and minor child present 
  • Copy of birth certificate or copy of certificate of naturalization 
  • Valid photo ID for parent(s)      

Click on Children’s passports for more information.

Minor Passport Holders 16 & 17 Years of Age - 1st Ten Year Passport (Form DS-11)

  • 1 professional photograph (no glasses allowed on passport photos)
  • Original certified birth certificate or certified copy from vital records or original certified certificate of naturalization
  • Applicants with their own valid photo ID (Wyoming Driver's License or ID card, or two forms of photo ID if out of state) may appear without parents if parental awareness is indicated by the application (i.e. parent is listed as emergency contact, check payment is provided by parent) or a notarized letter of consent is provided. Otherwise one parent must be present with valid photo ID. 
  • Check or money order for U.S. Dept. of State fee

Fees (Separate Payments Apply)

  • Clerk of Court Processing Fee - $35 per Application
    • Accepted payments include cash, personal check (no counter checks), certified check, money order or credit card
  • Passport Processing Fee – Payable to U.S. Dept. of State
    • Standard Adult (16 +) - $110 / Expedite Fee – Additional $60 per application.  
    • Minor (15 and Under) - $80 / Expedite Fee – Additional $60 per application.  
    • Accepted forms of payment include personal check (no counter checks), certified check or money order only